Most roofs will last you a long time, but there will come a day when you need to replace your roof. How will I know when it is time, you may ask? There will be signs to look for and pay attention to. This is important because when it gets to the point that you need a new roof, something major is usually wrong and could cause damage that will be very expensive to fix.
8 Signs to Pay Attention To
- Know the age of your roof. If it is over 20 years old, it may be time to replace the entire thing.
- Shingles are missing all over. This is probably a sign of storm damage, or a sign that you didn’t have your roof inspected annually to check on damage.
- Shakes that are broken or falling off your roof. This could be a sign of rotting or major damage up there.
- Visible dry rot coming from your roof. This is not a good sign for the life of your roof and will need to be looked at right away. Sometimes this can be fixed in a specific spot, but often times if you see it one place, it will be in another as well.
- Leaks or water stains on your ceiling. This is a sign of water damage that is coming in through your roof. You will want to have this looked at right away because it will come into your home and damage your drywall.
- Broken roof tiles are an easy way to spot if you need a new roof. If tiles are breaking, they are probably pretty old.
- A discolored roof is a sign of wear and tear and possibly damage. Most roofing materials hold their color very well so if it is getting dingy in color it may be time to replace.
- Obvious sloping of the roof. This could be caused by damage in the attic or severe water damage. This will need to be checked right away and could be considered an emergency.
If you find yourself noticing any of these things happening, it may be time for a new roof. Give McRoof a call at (877) 492-9383 and we will be happy to send someone out to look at your roof.